On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:12:27 +0100, JA Crux wrote:

>Interesting. It varies from place to place. I took my K2 to ZS6, on 12/11.

Yes. I took my FT100D through two airports last month (my K2/100 stays safe at
home).
No problems with security either place. At O'Hare, an inspector asked what it
was, but
only as a matter of curiosity.  "CB radio?" he asked. "No, ham radio," I
replied. "Looks
like a real nice one."  "Yes, it is."  On the return trip, the crew at
Sacramento didn't even
notice it.

Jim K9YC