From: "Lee Buller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mike W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] driving external PA with K2

> Mike,
>
> You already have all the info you need, but I would like to say you will
need no ALC at all.  If you keep the rig linear and not over drive the
amp...there is no need for ALC.  This feature is kind of a left over from
when tubes were tubes and men were men (sorry Ladies, trying to make a bad
pun)  Of course, you will not over drive a typical amp with 15 watt of
mighty mojo.  Now, if you have a KPA100, that is a different story
altogther, but I do not want to digress.  The main point here is keep the
rig linear and do not over drive the amp.