I think you all should take Wayne's lead and say, "Thanks for the
comments," rather than start with the puffery and one-upsmanship. I read
articles AFTER I built my kit (didn't know they were there). Also, if
you've ever had to deal with customers, you'll know that there's a huge
range of expertise out there.

Another thing is navigating the Elecraft web site is NON-TRIVIAL. There
are sections I had to learn how to get back to (like the notes from the
reflector.) Most of the basic documents are easy to find, however.

If nothing else, there could be more notes (maybe there are, I didn't
build the K1) in the start of the kit telling you to about the specific
articles on the web site that could be of use. I didn't notice is the
list of approved solders and had to double check the stuff I bought. I
hadn't bought solder in 20+ years and so I didn't know about some of the
newer fluxes.

A note to "check the web site" is a good idea in Elecraft's case, but if
you're not used to dealing with Elecraft, "check the web site" usually
means "look at the other stuff we can sell you." Some companies (not
Elecraft) don't use the web very well. They'll tell you to look at their
site, and you'll be sorry. So you're being disingenuous by expecting
people to check the web before building the kit, UNLESS there are
specific articles called out.

So, I'd say, "Thanks for the comments," I hope they can help someone
else.