I'm building K2 SN 3941 and while performing the PLL range test, I get a high frequency of 12099.86 and a low frequency of 12082.08 which works out to a range of 17.78. Since this is outside the normal range of 9.5-15, I'm wondering what I should do.

I've checked the components D16, D17, C84, C85, and L31 as mentioned in the troubleshooting section, and they appear to be correct.

I have left the adjustment of C22 till later. I don't know if this could have an affect or not. Do I need to check that C22 is at its mid-point?

Searching the mail list archives on this problem, I found a post that suggested T2 might have an effect on this range. Is this correct? My windings might not quite cover 85% of the core, but I have not tried rewinding the toroid yet.

Any suggestions for my next step to resolve this?

73,   Bill    K6WIL