I was using a KX1 at the beach yesterday, with a Maldol 4-foot whip, and found myself wishing I had a longer radiator for beach outings. I'd like a multi-section or telescoping vertical that's 8 to 10' long, 0.5" or smaller in diameter, and most important, weighs just a few ounces. In a perfect world it would also come with a stake to plant in the sand. It doesn't even have to be resonant, since I can use the KX1's internal tuner, supplemented if necessary by a small coil interposed between the rig and the antenna, to tune the antenna on all three bands. This would make for instant band change without fussing with a tap or swapping loading coils. A nonresonant whip would also probably be a lot lighter and less expensive than backpacking-style antennas that are packaged with per-band coils, etc.

Anyone know of a vertical that meets the above requirements?

Tnx,
Wayne
N6KR