Roy Morris, W4WFB, wrote:

Anyone who uses a K2/100 with a linear needs to know that the K2 ALC
does not kick in if PTT is used and the K2 display is in the RF mode.

Roy,

Fortunately, this is definitely not the case. There is no relationship between SSB ALC action in the K2/100 (controlled by hardware) and the setting of the RF/ALC metering (controlled by firmware). We just verified this in the lab. Your specific unit could have an odd problem that causes this, but we've never seen it before.

If what you described is repeatable, please contact Gary and explain exactly how it happens. He'll help you debug it.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---