From: "Mike S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 8:34 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Multicore solder availability

| After finishing #4439, I'm getting low on solder. I've always used Ersin
Multicore
(now part of Loctite), and got my last pound from Digi-Key, which doesn't stock
it
anymore. Searching the archive, it seems that it's pretty hard to find a
distributor
for Multicore these days. A bit of web searching found a supplier, with
reasonable
prices and no minimum order. They seem to carry most of the Multicore wire
solder:

| https://rshughes.com/catalog/129900.html
|
| They have the .020 63/37 WRAP3 fluxed stuff (MM00979) on which a group buy
was done
last spring, for $9.50. WRAP3 appears to be an activated rosin flux. I've been
pretty
happy with their Crystal 400 2% flux (MM01054), so I'm ordering a spool of
that, for
the same price.

http://www.prime-electronics.com.au/datasheets/Multicore/Solder%20Wire/No%20Clean/Crystal%20400,%20500,%20502,%20505%20&%20511.pdf