[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Must be the real time clock in the computer, or some associated circuits. It runs off a coin cell, just like the RTC in the KAF2

I don't think so, for the following reason: there are lots of connections to the PC in the shack, but disconnecting the serial port connection to the KRC2 makes it disappear completely. And it's got to be a super powerful signal...remember, what I'm hearing is not a signal from the PC, but rather a spurious signal produced in the K2 by a very large out-of-band signal. I don't think the CMOS clock oscillator would be that strong.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco