I just finished the KX1 I picked up (well, ok I actually really didn't
"pick it up," I did pay for it) at Pacificon.  No problems at all, 4W @
12.6VDC from a gel cell, and got a reply in the FISTS C2C on first call
(well, ok, I DID pick a loud guy and was on the tri-bander).  The KXPD1
was a quick build, and after sending out of a Richard Patterson North
novel for about 5 mins, I think I have the hang of it.  I'm left handed
but I send right handed so I can write legibly ... screwed up the
connections to the plug and the paddle is backwards, but the KX1 took
care of that for me.  KXB30 is almost done, and it's good to see that
Elecraft has a sense of humor in the errata sheet.  Last will be the
KXAT1.  This will all be K6DGW/MM and HP/K6DGW next spring when we sail
thru the Canal.  Might even manage a few QSO's from P4 if I can figure
out the licensing.  I'll have it in Skinny Class in the Nov Spartan
Sprint.

Just managed a QNI into ECN on the K2 ... Kevin is S9+20 here for a real
change but he must be hearing much more than I am because it took awhile
at 5W.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw