In my opinion, it's not a good idea. The buttons on the K2 are too small and not well located for this application. They are also not durable enough. It would only be useful for some contests (in the Sweepstakes, the exchange usually starts with the call of the station you are working), and is far better performed in the logging software.

The feature would use valuable processor memory and who would use it? Not casual operators and DXers, and not serious contesters. I vote NO.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco