Hi,
Am Pleased to announce that K2 # 04506 is all finished and waiting for it's first contact. ( Later this evening) The build was done over 4 leasurely days. Everything was present, thanks to Christine (who packed the modules) and it was a no-hassle build. It's kinda nice to have a K2 with pristine boards, instead of having odd components sticking out from the "A to B" mods that were done on my original series "A" K2 ( #2204) (I'll have to leave the lid off for a while :-) It never fails to amaze me that such a complex kit can be assembled to specification by almost anyone. It certainly speaks volumes for the design team.... One thing I tried this build, was using very thin resin cored 60/40 solder ( 0.56mm). It was absolutely marvelous. The flux residue was almost non-existant, and the amount of control I had over each joint was fantastic. Apply the iron tip and solder together and start feeding the solder as the hole fills. Any fillets on joints were small, and over-all it makes for a very tidy job.
Cheers.......Ron ZL1TW