I have a request for a K2 feature. I have a K2 with KPA100 and KAT100
in separate EC2. Currently, if the KAT100 is installed, the KAT2
just switches to through mode (CALP), fixed to ant1.

I recently bought an amp and find that neither the amp, nor a
typical antenna, is cleanly 50 ohms and hence there's work for
the tuner. If I enable the amp, I need to autotune to the
input impedance of the amp, if I leave it offline, I need to
tune to the impedance of the antenna. This requires two
different tuner settings.

I note that the KPA100 has a separate pin to drive the PA key line
which means that, through software, the K2 can 'know' whether
or not it puts the amp in-line: if the software doesn't key
the key line, you're running barefoot.

Instead of the current two antenna settings, I believe more
choices are possible:
A. KPA100/KAT100, ANT1, key PA line
   This is the normal case and puts the PA in-line.
B. KPA100/KAT100, ANT1, don't key PA line
   This leaves the PA in through mode and makes the thing run
   barefoot. Note that the K2 needs separate KAT100 settings for
   A and B as one is obviously driving different things
C. KPA100/KAT100, ANT2
   I've found that using two antennas sometimes helps,
   I've ran with a quad and a W3DZZ
D. KAT2 ANT2, no KPA100/KAT100
   For transverters and the like

I note that the various SWR bridges have outputs that can be three-stated,
just like currently happens. I really, really want more flexability
in my antenna settings. Also note that all four settings would
need separate, to-be-memorized tuner settings.

Oh, and when you'd hack on the antenna selector code, perhaps
the code can be improved: sometimes the KAT2 is stuck in CALP mode
after attaching a KPA100 at a previous session. It would be nice
if it would switch back to regular AUTO mode if the KPA100 isn't there.

What do others think?

Geert Jan PE1HZG