Eric Ward wrote:

....I have been interested in building some version of a visual zero
beat detector that uses a PLL tone-decoder IC for use with the KX1. I have read about the K2 guys using N0SS's PC board version of the circuit designed by KR5L. Has anyone tried it (or the Jackson Harbor Press kit, or any such similar) with the KX1? Is the side tone too fuzzy/harmonically rich to make
it work?

Hi Eric,

Tom Hammond has put the tone detector in a KX1, I believe. But I think he's off-line for a few days, since he's visiting here in California.

On another topic, you wrote:

I was interested in WA5ZNU's recent post about tri-state and side tone
levels on the KX1. Can't claim to understand it completely-I am a lowly
biologist.

It must be frustrating to be a biologist these days, watching species disappear, oceans warm, ice caps melt, habitat destroyed, and very little being done about it by the world's largest polluters. At least it's frustrating for me!

Of course any discussion of this topic should be OFF the reflector  :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---