Chris Wagner wrote:
Howdy,

I fancy they paddle - but have a BY-1 at home. Is the
Hexakey considerably better than a standard Bencher
paddle? Tnx es 73, Chris Kf6vci

I have the Elecraft-branded version of the Hex-Key and also the BY-2 (and a couple of Vibroplexae). I personally never had any trouble with the BY-2 and was content with its feel, but decided I had to have the Elecraft name (oy!). But it's a really good paddle, the finest I have ever used. I have the contacts adjusted for a very tight feel and a very minimal movement of the fingers is required -- and it can certainly handle speeds which are but a fond memory for me (I'm "certified" at 35 wpm; alas, that was long ago). The thing to do is try one -- you may find that you are pleased indeed.

73,

Joe, W2RBA