On Jan 13, 2005, at 10:25 AM, William E. Twaddell wrote:

I know I ask this before, but do not remember as response. Is there, was there, a K2 to Argonaut V side by side ever done?

Hi William (Bill?),

There probably are independent comparisons out there somewhere. Meanwhile, both the K2 and the Argo V are listed in our receiver performance comparison tables:

   http://www.elecraft.com/K2_perf.htm

This information is taken entirely from published ARRL lab tests except as noted in footnotes. We believe it to be accurate and unbiased.

In the larger table (near the top of the page), transceivers are listed roughly in order of decreasing receive performance. It's a bit of an apples/oranges comparison because the rigs near the top are each "best in class" in one or two categories. For example, the K2 has the best 5-kHz blocking dynamic range (135 dB), and the Orion has the lowest phase noise (-138 dBc), and the IC-7800 has the best IP3 (+37 dBm). The K2 is also distinguished by having far lower current drain than any other top-rated transceiver.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---