OK folks, I will try an entire re-write to get the info out. Prior attemps were rejected because of some offenive word(s) in the body.

I discovered that I had modified my Soloman station 5 years ago. I added one 1 meg resistor from a wire that does connect to the tip shell to the grounding post on the back and another 1 meg resistor from the grounding post to the line cord ground wire, so my soldering station does have an ESD discharging path to ground. Easy to do, and I will supply details if anyone asks.

73,
Don W3FPR