8.84 kHz os OK.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
====

Glenn McNeil wrote:
Hi Group,

I'm just at the Test and Alignment Part II Stage on my Second K2.

Up until now, all smooth sailing.

On doing the PLL Ref Oscillator Test however, I come up with 12.100.48 kHz for the high frequency and 12.091.64 for the low, giving me a range of 8.84 kHz..which, according to the instructions, is on the low side. I continued on with the alignment, comparing my results with K2 number 1, and there is not a whole lot of difference. I have run Cal Fil, and done the VFO Linearization, which the unit got through no problems. All my results, excepting the PLL Ref Range, are reasonably close to the first K2.

Question....do I have a problem that should be investigated ( I've had a quick check of D16/17 and C84/85 and they appear correct ), or is the 8.84 kHz Range acceptable ?

73
Glenn
VK4TZL