Yes, that's the one I had and was referring to... it worked great. I knew it was Com-something ;-) Sounds like there are already a couple of knockoffs out there.

Larry N8LP

David J Windisch wrote:

Hi, all concerned:

I have an old Comdel in-mic-line r-f clipper, which uses fewer than 100 discrete parts on a 4X6in board.

What the device does is to heterodyne baseband audio to vlf, put it through a USB filter, limit it, lowpass-filter it, and heterodyne it to baseband. Inband distortion products are kept down this way.

If there's enough interest, it could be resurrected by retrofitting with newer parts, eg, inductors other than telco toroids ;o) and kitted.

If anyone knows of contra indications, do please step forward. I've done a cursory search for Comdel and its successors and found nothing except old ads and a review in June 1968 HAM RADIO magazine (it sure was a pleasure to reread some Jim Fisk).

I do recall reading that the unwary occasionally fried amps which couldn't stand the increase in average power. Caveat user.

If anyone wants to hear what the thing sounds like, I could get on 160-10M ssb once I figure out the internal mic connections to my to K2/100. Fingertalk is much easier, for me in any case.

73, Dave, N3HE