Tom,

There is no 'power supply of choice' that I am aware of except for MY
choice!  I don't like the noise potential of switching supplies (but I admit
many are reported as no noise problem).  I use a linear supply and keep it
on the floor under the operating table.  Transformers can couple into the K2
and cause a bit of hum on the transmitted signal if positioned close (keep
them 2 feet or more away from the K2).

If you are considering battery power for your QRP K2 (either the internal
KBT2 or an external gel cell), you might want to take some hints from the
'SmartCharger' article on my website www.qsl.net/w3fpr.

I use the K2 internal battery and the SmartCharger on my QRP K2 and use an
Astron RS-35A to power my separately mounted KPA100.  Battery Powered K2 to
go and 100 watts from the home QTH - just pick it up, disconnect 4 cables
(KIO2, Antenna, Key, and SmartCharger lines) and it is ready to go portable.

73,
Don W3FPR