MikeH wrote:

Hello Fellow Elecraft Enthusiasts,

Last night the final assembly on K2 #4661 was completed. This morning I made my first contacts on using 2W, 5W, and 10W with CW.

It's great to have one of these sitting in my shack. I've wanted to build one of these rigs for a few years. I admit that I was nervous at every test stage, but everything ultimately tested out fine, and so far the rig is working great. It took 2 months, during which I spent a total of 100 hours building (don't laugh; I may not be fast, but at least I'm slow).

Thanks to all those who responded to my newbie questions. You guys are a great resource, and part of what make this rig fun to build.

Thanks to Gary at Elecraft for finding the operator error that solved the VCO "problem". And thanks to Elecraft in general for offering up great products and service, and being responsive to customers. I think you have an awesome company. Please stay that way! It would be a shame if such a great company for the ham radio community lost sight of what makes it great.

I'll be hanging out on the CW QRP freqs of 40M and 20M this weekend. I hope to hear some of you on the air. I understand there is an Elecraft net, so I'll be looking for a sked for that as well.

Congratulations, Mike, but now you have a problem. If you have been bitten by the "Elecraft Bug" you'll start thinking of a K1 or a KX1 and all the options that pertain thereto -- and then XG1, dummy load, etc. Soon you'll have nothing more to build. It's a sad situation, I tell you!

May you receive many years of pleasure using your K2 -- I know I do (I still marvel at it and that it works at all (after all, *I* did the soldering!)).

73,

Joe, W2RBA