I was looking forward to firing up K1 #1966 for EQP. Scanned all the bands
and heard nobody calling "CQ EQP" on Saturday, so I gave up. Figured it must
be a small group and maybe band conditions weren't that great.

I got thinking about it Sunday morning and thought something was fishy. I
wasn't hearing ANYTHING, not just no EQP'ers. So up to the roof where I
found my feedline disconnected from my makeshift longwire antenna. Did some
roof-top soldering (any excuse for my kids to climb on the roof, even if
it's to hold a couple wires while dad heats 'em up with the solder iron, is
a good one). Went back downstairs and flipped on the K1 and found myself in
the middle of the Wisconsin QSP Party.

Found the rules on the Web and proceeded to make about 40 contacts in a
couple hours, all on 40M where the K1 refuses to even try to match my
antenna.

So, no progress toward the Elecraft WAS, but I now know more Wisconsin
county names than I did earlier this morning. :-)

Craig
WB0GUU
K1 #1966