Hello Fred!

...  When setting up the audio filters, I would
like to be able to select GAIN settings for each filter bandwidth...
If I could have different Gain settings for each filter
bandwidth, then I could set up a variable CW PEAKING filter
that could have progressively higher Gain for progressively
lower bandwidth. This would allow me to take a small slice of the band and amplify the signal for really....really weak
signals!!!

This is an interesting idea.

A potential problem is that the KDSP2 is not really intended to provide gain in the normal sense of amplification. The gain adjustments are intended solely to to provide equalization, so the apparent insertion loss of the KDSP2 should be about 0 dB.

Here's why.

The input analog-to-digital converter has a certain maximum voltage that it can accept from the product detector in the K2. The output digital-to-analog converter has the same voltage limit. If you apply too much internal gain in the DSP to a weak signal, and a strong signal comes in, you may overdrive the digital-to-analog converter, resulting in loud and unpleasant distortion.

The K2 AGC normally mitigates this by limiting the input signal to the analog-to-digital converter, but some operators turn the AGC off. With the AGC off, the risk of unpleasant acoustic consequences increases!

Thus, I recommended setting the gains solely for equalization. As you narrow the DSP, just turn up the AF gain control on the K2 :-)

Enjoy!

Lyle KK7P