LLoyd,

How old is your K2 kit?  Take a look at the MPS5179s on the Control Board at
Q9 and Q10 - if they are blue (rather than black), they are the cause of
your problem.  Elecraft will supply replacements for you if they are the
blue-faced ones.  In the meantime, you can use 2N2222s in their place if you
want to get up and running quickly (borrow the 2 2N2222s from the later part
of the RF board aseembly).

Other than the above 2N5179 problem or an improperly constructed counter
probe, I can't think of any reason you should not see proper readings on the
CAL FCTR display.  Check the connection of your probe to the Control Board -
the shield should be closest to the left side panel - should you have it
backwards, it will behave as you have described.

73,
Don W3FPR