I am building K2 04858 and have arrived at the display installation in the
front panel.  I have a couple questions and am too impatient to wait for the
Elecraft gang to open up about noon [here] Monday so I turn to this group.
1.  When does the kind of flimsy white tape/paper come off the diffuser/LED
backlight assembly?
2.  Is only the front tape removed?
3.  The LCD display has a grey mylar looking tape on the back.  No 'stripes'
but opaque so I assume it must be removed for the backlight to shine thru?
4.  Does a correctly prepared LCD display have anything on the back or should I
see bare glass?
5.  Any problems identifying the removable film from the front of the LCD
display [DO NOT PICK OFF THE THICK PLASTIC MATERIAL .....] I assume this is the
clear case of the LCD?

Curious minds.  Obviously my first K2.  Some of you have tons more experience.
Build going well so far.  Only a couple anxious moments installing the push
button switches, bent a pin and managed to get one switch cocked but fixed that.

Wayne K9NE