Hi folks,

a friend of mine just reported to me his K2 (which I built for him) audio
output level would vary about 20 dB over the full AGC range.

He used a test transmitter and an AF voltmeter for this test and varied
the RF output level over the full AGC range of his K2.

I never measured the audio output variance on my own K2 and I am not
familiar with psycho acoustics. But I feel 20 dB is a rather high
variation and should be quite well audible. I do not hear a high variation
on my own K2.

Is there a specification for this parameter? What should be taken as the
maximum acceptable variation?

Thanks for Your suggestions.

VY 73 de Marcus, DL1EKC