On Apr 3, 2005, at 11:19 PM, Bill Scovell wrote:

This is probably a question that Ron could answer before I trouble Sott or Brian. The one 20pF capacitor supplied with my T1 kit is a small NPO (black edge) device with no voltage marking, it looks like a 50V item to me but maybe the're getting smaller. This part is for C2 which is spec'd at 500V --- should this part carry a voltage rating?

Hi Bill,

This cap is indeed rated at 500 V, despite the lack of a voltage label. (If you have the courage to do destructive testing, we'll send you a replacement ;)

All the caps in the T1's L-network are rated at 500 or 1000 V to ensure reliability when using max power at very high SWR.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---