Brent,

I have information about the Yaesu FT-900 knob on my website
www.qsl.net/w3fpr, but the phone number is wrong again - I just can't keep
up with Yaesu parts - look them up with a Google search - as of 2 weeks ago,
Yaesu parts were handled by Vertex Standard, 10900 Walker Street, Cypress,
CA 90630 and the phone number was (714)827-7600.

Now for the bad news - Yaesu has discontinued the FT-900 knob, but you can
still buy the rubber tire for it.  With a bit of stetching, you can slide
the FT-900 tire over the stock K2 knob and you end up with a nice knob
without the sharp front corner.  You can add the FingerDimple (available
from Elecraft) if you like them.

The FT-100 knob is a bit smaller, and does have a recessed 'finger-hole',
and is quite usable on the K2 (many folks like it), and that is available
from Yaesu.  I recently bought 3 of the FT-100 knobs and tires, and have 2
extra FT-900 tires available.  I can send the FT-100 knobs to the first 3
persons who request them for $18.60 plus shipping ($1 for 1st class mail or
$3.85 for Priority mail).  I can ship an FT-900 tire by 1st class mail for
$2 or $4.85 for Priority mail.  This is not a price savings over ordering
direct from Yaesu, bu I can save you a few pennies on the shipping - they
ship only UPS and it is a minimum of $6.36.

73,
Don W3FPR