My favorite practice line went like this:

   "Ben's best bent wire"  (leaving out the apostrophe, of course)

But for the ultimate in Morse rhythm, brought to my attention by Ron, AC7AC, see:

   http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2005/01/15/1/

Click on the "NY6Q Blues" link. As a musician/ham, I really loved this piece.

As part of my minor in music at UCSD I had to take a comprehensive rhythm final that was nothing but eighth notes [dits] and dotted quarter notes [dahs]. I recited the piece for the instructor using "di" and "dah", and aced the test ;) More interesting is that Morse rhythms seem to appear once in awhile in jazz pieces; hard to say, sometimes, whether it was intentional or not. I've sometimes injected Morse letter patterns into my own compositions, since they force you to break out of the rhythm ruts that any composer can fall into.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---