Guys...

For the last few days, on an off..I have been attempting my first time ...ever...with the alignment of my (at the moment) "basic" CW K2...

I have "tried" as far as I can see, to do the "40m Aligment" proceedure from Page 57 onwards in my manual... I followed the "linerization" proceedure as per the manual for 40 meters... here's my FIRST question....

Question 1 ... "...Does the constructor ...have to do the "linerization" step that is carried out for 40M "only" (or so the manual states at that stage) ...for the rest of the bands installed..? "

In other words, do I need to do the "linerization" step for EACH of the bands.. Particularly when setting up the "BFO and FILTER(s)" on CW and CW/Reversed...?

I did NOT do the "linerization" step for ANY of the other bands, only once per the manual for 40m ...where I did receive all the correct information on the rig's digital display...

As for the "BFO and FILTER" Alignment, in the steps of the manual afterwards... I followed the instructions, pressing the relevent buttons when asked... and all that I did "really" there, was just make sure that the "digital frequency display" ...showed exactly what was in the manual at that stage...I did that for ALL the bands, ..adjusting "only" the VFO knob...to make sure my display read for each "BFO" and "FILTER" reading "per" band...what was in the manual...

Question 2... "... WAS this the correct proceedure to do for the above part in the manual...did I get the steps correct..." Yeah I KNOW it says so in the manual...but Hey Guy's this is the first time ever in my life, that I have done this sort of thing.... so as well as being unsure what to do, and unsure wether I have followed things correctly,..obviously I was "airing on the side of caution" as not to do any damage at this point in particular, that would need to be un-done by my "elmer" John Ross GM1BSG....

After doing all that I have mentioned I moved onto around Page 61 and proceeded to do the next part of the alignment stage, as far as I could anyway... I followed the proceedure regarding turning L34 with the "tuning tool" provided....setting the digital frequency display up as mentioned in my manual...

I DID hear the generated "tone" at the bottom of 40m...

SO..proceeded to do what the manual asked... and "peak" for MAXIMUM SIGNAL...and MINIMUM NOISE...on 40M ONLY... which I "seemed" to have achieved... At this point I have to point out that I was NOT hearing any "stations" on 40m while or during this aligment.... only the "test tone"....

The final part of my "plea" to y'all is this...

Near the end of Page 61... the manual asks the constructor to "peak" or "turn".....L1 and L2 for "peak signal strength"... and use the K2's S-meter for this purpose to see when things are at their maximum peak...

Question 3... In this step I have to report that I DID NOT..see "much" of a "signal peak" here at all... and also...that during ALL of the above "story" ... I WAS NOT..hearing ANY "stations" AT ALL on 40m......"only" noise...and the generated "test tone"...

Question 4... IS THIS NORMAL..??  Or do I have a problem..??

My "thoughts" were that I "should" be hearing stations on 40m by now... atleast..?? Perhaps not...

One last thing to mention...is that back in the manual... Just before putting the componants on the "RF Board" near the back left hand side of the board... I WAS getting my digital display to light up... After doing that part of the manual...and continuing to my present position... carrying on with the alignment section.. I can now report that for some "reason" I don't seem to be getting a "light" on the digital display anymore...

Could this be mearly due to the "wire jumpers" that were installed a few pages back, by-passing the parts of the circuit to allow the display to "light"..?? Hopefully all of this stuff...is nothing to worry about ...

We'll just have to wait n see.. Your "thoughts" are duely welcomed guy's... Thanks For The Bandwith...

72s 73s
Andy [EMAIL PROTECTED] "...I Just See It.!.." John A. Ross (RSD Communications circa 2004)
A.R.S.
GM0NWI QRP "..It is vain to do with more.... "A Dis-Orientated Kiwi... "K2 S/n 01432 Soon To Be On-Air" what can be done with less.. In The Northern Hemisphere..."

GQRP No.9576
QRP-L No.2165
ARCI No.10561
Central Florida DX Association (CFDXA)