WOW... felt just like my first Novice QSO (a zillion years ago)!
Everything worked perfectly and as advertised first time! Plenty of RX
sensitivity and 4-watts output on both 40 and 20 meter bands.

0500z, First QSO with the KX1 was up the coast to Washington state, I answered
a CQ - 599 + 20db report given on my dipole - WOW, conditions must be good, I
thought.

15 minutes later, I dropped over to 20m and worked V73NS for a 569 report (he
was 589). Then found 7K3QPL calling CQ and gave him a shout - 1 call and a 569
report from Japan - I've got a 2 element beam up at 50ft.

Now gonna build the ATU for this little bad boy!

Watch out for me in the Sparton Sprint next month - Skinny division!

(I just had to brag, you guys!)

de Jerry/k6iii
KX1 s/n 1101
San Jose, CA