ussv dharma wrote:
> Gosh, I wish there were cw activity out here in KH6 land...I listen
> every day and at different times in the night....only hear the
> russian "K" and "M" beacons.

The NAQP CW runs from 1800Z 7 Aug to 0600Z 8 Aug, as in tomorrow.
Multipliers are the 50 states [that includes KH6  and KL7, DC is part of
MD], the 13 provinces, and NA countries [generally XE down to HP, and
Caribbean except P4 and maybe PJx, I'm never quite sure but your logger
will know].  160m-10m except 30, 17, and 12.  Unlike many contests,
multipliers count on a per-band basis.  As a single op, you can operate
10 of the 12 hours, off-times have to be at least 30 min.  Or you can
run all 12 hours and submit a check-log.  *Max power is 100W* for everyone.

Exchange is your "name" and SPC.  Name is in quotes because it doesn't
have to be the one your Mom and Dad gave you, it can be a nickname or
something you make up ... short is generally good, MONTGOMERY or
MAXIMILLIAN might be a tad long.  I use a nickname my combat team gave
me years ago.

Trust me, you will hear a LOT of stations, a few in KH6.  Currently,
SFI=82, A=5, K=1, SSN=54 for pretty good conditions relative to 2009,
and which should more or less hold through the contest.

Currently, I've got enough stations for 5.8 5-station teams for NCCC,
and a few more last minute signups will likely pop up tonight.  You may
find a KH6 team building there that you could join.

Rules at ncjweb.com/naqprules.php?page=1  It's a semi-laid back contest
for many [there will be the usual rabid suspects going after the top
ten], lots of fun, doesn't take the whole weekend and won't run up your
electric bill too bad.  You will hear a LOT of K2's and K3's.  Code
speeds vary from less than 20 WPM to a handful at 40 WPM.  Most folks
will sort of match your speed.  All the common loggers support it.  Logs
are due 14 days later, instructions are in the rules.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2010 Cal QSO Party 2-3 Oct 2010
- www.cqp.org