Lu,

You can output decoded text from the RS-232 port.  Put K3Utility into
Terminal mode and the decoded text will appear in the K3Utility window.
You can also type into the Transmit pane and it will be transmitted.
Works for either RTTY or PSK31.  Lacking the computer, you can use the
paddle input and the VFO B readout.  Yes, it all depends on what you
have available - a proper functioning software application like DigiPan
or HRD/DM780 will provide more convenience, but for those times when you
have to be without the computer, the K3 will operate those modes
standalone - just follow Lyle's instructions.

73,
Don W3FPR