hi Bob,

Bob schrieb am 14 Aug 2010 um 13:52:

> Have any of you got your K3 working with an SCS PTCII modem?

yes me ;-)

> Mine connects through LINE IN, LINE OUT and PTT.  The beta version of
> Airmail 3.4.034 has a K3 option and its HF Terminal module puts the K3 in
> DATA A mode.  But I get only one block of RF on the K3 RF meter regardless
> of settings of PSKA and FSKA in Airmail and boosting K3 LINE IN gain.
> Changing to USB and widening the filter, with zero CMP, power is fine -- 50
> watts -- and connects to PMBOs.  No joy with DATA A.

sounds like your line in gain is set to zero.

> I'm probably missing something simple -- this my first week with PACTOR.
> Just got the modem.  Seems odd that Airmail works with the K3 in USB and
> not in DATA A.  I read that DATA A keeps leaves the compression at zero,
> which is required for PACTOR 3, so would like to use it to avoid manually
> changing it from voice digital.  Any idea what could cause the difference?
>
> Sound card digital modes work fine throgh the same LINE IN and LINE OUT
> connections and K3 settings (I use USB).  I've had QSOs with MT63, OLIVA
> and WINMOR using MIXW and RMS Express.
>
> I'd like to learn which parameter settings you found that you are happy
> with (in the K3 and in Airmail).

set your transceiver into DATA A mode, USB, -S activated (MENU SYNC DT
set) then tap Menu and check if Mic Sel is LINE IN. Then adjust Line in
Gain using the Speed / Mic Pot (set to Mic). PTT RLS 012.

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 5522 22505