-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Rennard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My 75S-3B cost about 1/8th of what my 1969 Corvette cost.  So, I should be
able to buy a nice receiver today for about $6,000.  A 30S-1 cost about 1/3
of what the Corvette cost, so I should be able to buy a new amplifier today
for about $17,000.  However, getting this approved by the family CFO is
going to be a challenge.

I used to enjoy servicing my Corvette, rebuilding the carburetor, giving it
a tune up, etc.  I would not even consider it today.  The only way I can
enjoy putting my skills to work today, given that my time constraints have
gotten tighter, is by building a new Elecraft, or upgrading what I have.
Sweat equity, whether it is on the bench, or in the antenna farm produces as
much enjoyment to me as snagging a rare call sign at "reasonable" power.

I laud Elecraft for re-vitalizing the hobby, but I think I'll put the
KPA-100 back on the K2 if I need it.

N7WY