I've been a major perponant of having the Dual PB disapear from the front of
the rig (even though I'm with the 1% of others that use it)... I would be okay
with a HOLD push that toggles the two features on and off. One hold turns on
Dual PB, the next turns on APF the thrid turns which ever off.. This isn't
ideal by any means, but it could solve the issue of having to go back into the
config menu to turn it on and off.  Long and Short holds are just the same as
toggles... Sorry folks but my 80 year old ham buddy just can't control his hand
long enough to know how long 500ms is vs 1 second.  He can barely click a mouse
two times in a row to open a program.
I guess if the Dual PB was that important to you, you could always just keep
the config menu option on a quick key.. That's what I'll end up doing.