THP's amps are anything but primitive.
Check me if I'm wrong but they are the only manufacturer producing a
legal limit solid state amp. The THP 2.5KFX.

Notice I said legal limit, not close to or in the neighborhood, or
might make it if the wind blows just right, but legal limit.

The design for that amp was hashed out on the pages of QEX.

It is expensive but not Alpha 9500 expensive and it is one of a kind.

Why hasn't anybody else designed a legal limit solid state amp?
8 MRF-150's are about the same price as 2 Microsemi ARF-1500's
50V high current DC supply vs 200V high current DC supply (in the box).
Same stupid proof auto-protection systems all the other "not quite
there" amps employ. Well, maybe not. I don't think any of the MFJ amps
will auto band switch without buying their little add-on decoder.

What was that about primitive?

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H