On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:09:01 -0800 (PST)
K7WIA <emoss98...@msn.com> wrote:

> I calibrated my K3 with the K3 utility with the XG2 , and set the Lvl
> Cal on the P3 to -10.6  for a S9 sig.
> but then when I went to the 6 Meter band I had to set the Lvl Cal to
> -22 to get a S9 sig on the P3,
> it's like there is not enough transfer gain when on the 6 meter
> band..even with the preamp on.
> so when changing from HF to 6 meters I have to change the P3. because
> the setting does not hold per band.
> could be that the P3 needs a spot to Cal just for 6 meters like it
> has for when using Xverters?
>
> Ed   K7WIA

I believe I saw a thread about this a couple weeks ago.

If I'm not mistaken Alan originally set the S9 level on the P3 for 6
meters as -93 dBm as it should be for a VHF band.

On HF it's set for -73 dBm.

I believe it was decided to change the six meter setting to -73 dBm. I
don't have any idea whether that's been done or not.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H