Last night, I captured the CW spectrum of my modified FT-1000D with the K3/P3:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~scotte/hr/FT1000%20100W.jpg

It would be interesting to see what the K3 looks like on the same scale, etc.
Anyone with two of them and a P3 who would like to contribute?  Here's the
set-up:

7010 kHz
K3 bandwidth 400 Hz
100 W output
Pulsed at about 40 wpm
Span 2 kHz
Scale 72 dB
Peak Hold
Average mode, 10
Update 10 ms (actually slower at this span)

Adjust reference level for peak signal near the top of the range.  I just
transmitted into a dummy load, and relied on leakage to the K3, which seems to
have been about -65 dBm.

Email me the file off list, and I'll post it.

The spectrum of an unmodified FT-1000 would also be interesting.  It's a lot
worse.

I'd also be glad to make an on-air measurement, for any kind of transceiver.
It would be even more interesting to have a collection of these measurements.
You'll need to be fairly loud here.

73,

Scott  K9MA

sdell...@facstaff.wisc.edu