I use digital modes quite a lot and I think the factor that makes the biggest
difference with the ability to copy correctly is the sound card clock
accuracy which affects the baud rate. With some of the cheaper sound cards
the clock rate when 11025Hz is selected may be 11050Hz or even 11100Hz. This
can make all the difference between decoding a mode like Olivia or 1200baud
packet and not decoding it. I wouldn't have thought RTTY being a slower mode
was as sensitive but I don't use RTTY so I can't say one way or another.

One thing you could do is use the built-in RTTY decoder in the K3. KComm
supports it.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com