goldtr8 wrote:

> The next question is will 15 watts be ok or to much power.  I would like
> to be at the lowest power that the KPA100 puts out as this should be the
> lowest stress on the K3.

I'm sure the K3 would be happy to run 100W if you wanted to. It's rated to
handle full power key down for 10 minutes and a transmit cycle is only 50
seconds or so. But most people using JT65A on HF seem to run between 20 and
40W. Others prefer to run QRP and so limit themselves to 5W.

By the way, if you haven't picked up on this already, do make sure your
computer clock is accurate to within a second. The Windows built-in time
sync usually isn't good enough. The best software to use for this is NTP for
Windows which you can get here: http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm .

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com