Nate Bargmann wrote:

> I concur,  Crimp connectors should never be soldered under any
> circumstances.  Get the proper tool or use a solder type connector.
>
> This valuable advice comes from both my professional and amateur
> experience.

If that's the case, Elecraft should crimp the connectors on to the cable
that comes with the kit K3. Expecting assemblers to buy a special tool just
to fit two connectors is unreasonable.

Having said that, I soldered my connectors as advised like no doubt hundreds
of other K3 assemblers and have not experienced any problems. If Elecraft
think it's OK to solder the connectors I'm not going to disagree with them.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html