Hello jrstorms,

> Trying to set the freq cal for the reference using method 2 since I do not
> have a freq counter.  I may be tone deaf or something but I am not sure what
> the beat-freq sounds like.  Wish someone would post or send a sound file
> demonstrating the beat freq when off, close and good sounds like. ...

You could not hear a beat frequency. Noboby can hear it. But you can locate it.
Turn your
VFO/BFO slowly around the target frequency (up and down). If you VFO/BFO
frequency was
higher than the target frequency you can hear the tone/frequency goes lower and
lower. At
one point you can't hear it. If you turn the VFO/BFO in the same direction, so
you can
hear the tone/frequency again, but the frequency goes now higher. The area, at
which you
can't hear the tone, that is the beat frequency.
--
73/72 de Ingo, DK3RED - Don't forget: the fun is the power!
        www.qrp4fun.de - dk3...@qrp4fun.de