On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:35:06 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Henderson <b...@brofcally.plus.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been shown the instruments of torture. I recant.
>
> How about giving the option of being able to download Word versions
> so that the cutting an pasting can be done on my pc?
>
> I'm still recanting so there's no need to duff me up.
>
> Bill
> GM0VIT

That would be a mistake.

Biggest reason is the MS Word format isn't static.
Every recent new version of MS Office has included several "features"
which make it incompatible with older versions.

Save a file in MS Word 2007 .docx format and MS Word 2003 wouldn't know
what to do with it.

Adobe .pdf never changes thus it's a standard.
All you have to do to add errata to the .pdf manuals is get a free .pdf
editor like PDF Creator, add the errata to an electronic version of the
manual and save it. Your manual is always up to date.

If you need hard copy, print the pages you need.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H