Ideally I would too. On the other hand, I already have a T1. So I use
something I've already got and save myself the cost of the internal ATU to
put towards the transverter, which might even cover 4m as well as 2! Every
cloud has a silver lining!

M0XDF wrote:

> Hmmm - shame - since I'd like both - ok so the FT-817 doesn't have the ATU
> and so the KX3 with a 2m option and external ATU is about the same, but
> with obviously better HF than the 817.
>
> On 25 May 2011, at 17:29, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>
>> We're leaving "hooks" in place for either a 2 m or 4 m transverter (or
>> possibly both) in the KX3. It would be in the ~5W range, and would
>> substitute for the optional ATU. If you needed both the transverter
>> and an ATU, you'd need to use an external ATU such as the Elecraft T1,
>> which can be band-switched and remotely tuned directly from the KX3.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html