To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] I love toroids

I disagree with the left hand right hand issue. I'm very right handed and wound the toroids of my 1st K2 back words. However, when winding the set for my current K2, I had to make a concise effort to wind them correctly and it was awkward to do so.

BTW, I travel frequently for work so I brought all of the toroids and wire on my recent trip. I sat at the desk in the hotel room and wound them all. I did not strip and tin the leads... To much smoke. I was afraid of setting off the smoke detectors.

Hey Elecraft! Why not put a separate section into the manual that describes what core, what L or T number and the number of turns on each core. That way, one can "pre-wind" all of the toroidal coils at the same time and not have to stop and wind?

Just my 2cents worth.

73
Jim W7RY
K2 4914. (Heading down the finish line)

PS my K2 is now operational as a receiver on 40 meters. Works great!