Hello John,

> It looks to me like the elecraft@mailman.qth.net input filters have been
> compromised -- I am getting junk mail spam from the sex trade via the
> Elecraft server. I see that "QTH.COM" appears to be the underlying
> service, so perhaps it is the source of the junk? ...

The spam, which you received, did not dispatch over the Elecraft list.
If like that, each member would it was received. But that is not like that.

The spammer changed its behavior. They use email addresses as senders, which
them find on
unprotected computers in a adress book. And the transmitters are usually
"stolen"
computers in one of the many botnets. The owners of the computer do not know
often nothing
about this botnet applications, which run on their computer.

So do not suspect Elecraft or QTH.com therefore. Use your delete key or improve
your
filter settings. And do not open any attachements, also not automatically by
the program
(switch of the representation of pictures in your email program and do not
permit to
reload external pictures automatically).

No, I am not an expert, but I have learned and I learn a quantity over it.
--
73/72 de Ingo, DK3RED - Don't forget: the fun is the power!
        www.qrp4fun.de - dk3...@qrp4fun.de