As with all things RF, "your mileage may vary".

I have a wall-type clock I picked up at Dayton a year or so ago, in the
bargain pile in the flea market for $10 (brand name unknown, but it has
a sticker on the back that says "Made in China").  Works fine, until you
get a marginal signal from WWVB (which is on 60 kHz, by the way -- check
out the WWVB web site [http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/wwvb.cfm] to
see how they pump out a lot of power out on 60 kHz, also the format of
the timing signals, which are set at the rate of 1 bit per second).
Apparently some of the chip sets don't bother to check the error bits,
and will set weird times and dates if a bit gets lost here or there.  I
keep this particular clock in my office on top of the cube cabinet so it
at least has a clear view west over the cube farms out the other side of
the building, and sometimes in the morning when I come in, it will be
showing a completely wrong date or some odd time.  Placing it in the
nearby east-facing window across the aisle and forcing a synchronization
corrects it.

I also have a Citizen 'atomic' watch that works quite well at home at
night on the dresser (the WWVB 'atomic' clocks auto-sync at 2 or 3 in
the morning local time to take advantage of the enhanced night-time
propagation on 60 kHz), as long as I keep it away a foot or so from my
CDMA-based Sprint cell phone. Otherwise, emissions from the phone
charging circuitry seem to interfere with it.

I would certainly welcome something that would increase the accuracy of
the clock in the K3.  It tends to wander quite a bit, and it's a hassle
to have to dump all the various programs I have talking to the K3 over
the serial port via Larry's (N8LP) excellent bridge program, so I can
run the K3 utility to synchronize the K3 clock to the computer clock.
You'd think that after spending thousands of dollars on a rig like the
K3, that it would at least keep good time. 8-p

BTW, that last statement is what MY customers tell me about MY product
8-) (and no, it's main purpose in life is NOT to keep good time,
either).  I just couldn't resist using that argument on someone else.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE