Actually, a bluetooth interface, especially for headset use, is a
serious consideration.

Most states have enacted a patchwork of anti-cellphone laws that to a
greater or lesser degree adversely impact amateur (and other) radio
operators.  The purpose of this comment is NOT to start a thread on
whether or not these various laws have merit.  Rather, it is to set the
background for a request to support handsfree usage of frankly, any of
the phone rigs that Elecraft markets.

There is a 3rd party that markets a bolt-on system to use with most any
rig, but it is pricey (several hundred dollars) and clumsy (it seems
that NO ONE makes a decent bluetooth headset for PTT operators).

And that turns out to be the real challenge.  If someone could design a
decent affordable bluetooth headset with a reasonable PTT mechanism, I
believe the radio world would beat a path to your door.  "Reasonable"
DOES NOT mean having to push a button on the ear piece.

My apologies if this has been hashed to death on here before.  I'm about
a year behind reading all the older email on this list.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE