Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
>> All you have to do is write down the total value (in US$) and an
>> adequate description. "AMATEUR RADIO PARTS" is usually close enough.
>> That's all - you're done.
>
>That works in western countries.  However, anything containing "radio"
>is automatically contraband in many countries outside Western Europe
>and the Americas.

Could you name any such countries to which a private US citizen would
actually be *likely* to make a shipment?

I regularly ship "AMATEUR RADIO PARTS" - truthfully declared on the
Customs form - to a wide range of countries (including India and even
distant Alaska :-) without any problems.

There are often import taxes to be paid, but that is a different issue.
In 12 years and almost 2000 shipments I have never had a single report
that the import of "AMATEUR RADIO PARTS" was not legal.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek