Aye, and there's the rub of the matter.

I just spent 20 minutes surfing the web looking for the definition of
"QRP". Of the half dozen or so well known sites I visited, in the
US and abroad, the definition of QRP is 5 Watts CW and 10W SSB MAX. Not
20 if you got it, not 30 if running on an outboard PS, etc...

The simple fact is you can't support more than 10W out and keep battery
life in the realm of reality. You can't just put a bigger battery in it
and keep the form factor.

I really don't see what the problem is.
If you're using it as a trail radio weight and battery life mean
everything. If your a dedicated QRPer 10W is the limit. If you want to
use the radio mobile buy the amp. If you want to run mobile with ridiculously
inefficient antennas, and QRP your a masochist
and need to be ignored. ;-)

If none of the above fits buy a K3 and be well.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H